The Standard ISO 50001:2018 concerns all companies aiming at reducing their energy consumption and improve their energy efficiency. Emphasis must be given from heavy industries that are involved in the European Trading Scheme according to EC/ 2018/2066 and EC/2018/2067 regulations, but also applies to any other public or private organization that implements energy saving procedures and aims at improving energy efficiency of its buildings and its total operation.
According to this, energy management system can be addressed to all activities categories and especially to companies already certified with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
ISO 50001:2018 is an energy management standard, according to which energy uses and consumption are identified and energy saving action plans are implemented aiming at improving energy footprint of the corresponding product or services.
Under this framework, the Plan-Do-Check-Act principle also applies to this standard and its structure can be easily integrated with Environmental Management or Quality Management Systems. The second edition of the standard introduces new requirements, the main ones of which concern the convergence of its structure with the one that is now followed by all the new versions of management systems standard, such as ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015.
Energy management certification is the compliance of the company’s energy management system to the requirements of ISO 50001:2018.
According to EU’s Guidelines, all member states should commit to an annual reduction of their energy consumption.
In addition, according to the European Energy Efficiency Directive, Member States must commit to a gradual reduction in energy consumption. ISO 50001 standard is one of the options for the compliance of non-small and medium enterprises with the requirement to conduct energy audit.
- Energy cost saving
- Reduction of production cost
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Improvement of carbon & energy footprint
- Improvement of Energy efficiency by adopting Best Available Techniques
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Improvement of corporate image (green company)
- Increase of energy awareness among personnel
- Independent audit and certificate issuance
- We are the largest Greek independent certification body, accredited by ESYD, with offices in more than 25 countries worldwide. Certification with Eurocert means evaluation and acceptance from an accredited and recognized/well-respected Certification body.
- We have strong and experienced staff and associates, who as inspectors/auditors and / or technical experts carry out inspections of high added value for your company.
- We make sure to keep you informed and updated of any local and/or international changes that concern your certification scope.
- Our accreditation covers a wide range of standards and products, thus we are able to provide you with holistic solutions regarding management system certification.
- EUROCERT is one of the first certification bodies in Greece, which has been accredited by ESYD to certify energy management systems based on ISO 50001 and holds the full range of existing scopes.